Policies are in place concerning late fees, financial holds, removal from class and collections. Students should review the Student Accounts Financial Responsibility page for the most up to date information about Payment Due Dates, Late Payment Fees, Financial Holds and the Collection Policy.
For questions regarding your student account at WVU and questions about financial aid packages, loans, scholarships, Title IV and other federal funding for WVU, and payment plans please contact the Mountaineer Hub at 304-293-1988 or via their online inquiry system here.
On December 31, 2018, the President signed into law the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018. It contains a provision (Section 103) that takes effect on August 1, 2019. Therefore, despite any policy to the contrary, for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, WVU will not:
- Prevent their enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to;
- Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
- However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies (see our VA School Certifying Official for all requirements).