Listed below are local options for veterans seeking healthcare through the VA:
The Carruth Center is dedicated to fostering a supportive learning environment for all members of the WVU community. The center offers counseling, training and psychiatric services for students.
WVU Student Health
- Student Health | Ruby Memorial Hospital (wvumedicine.org)
- Student Insurance Office | Talent and Culture | West Virginia University (wvu.edu)
- If you already have health insurance, complete the waiver form found at Student Insurance Office | Talent and Culture | West Virginia University (wvu.edu)
- Please inform our office that you will be waiving health insurance coverage.
- If you have a VACHAMP paperwork that needs the student’s verification of enrollment, please email the form to email@example.com.
- TRICARE Select | TRICARE can be used in the Morgantown area instead of TriCare Prime. Due to the location of Morgantown being over 50 miles away from a military base, TriCare Select will need to be used.
- Insurance Policy (VA Benefit Coverage explaining insurance process)
WVU Dental Clinic:
The WVU Dental Clinic routinely hosts a Veteran Oral Health Day. Veterans and active duty military, National Guard, and Reservists are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity when offered. All services for eligible veterans and military members are free this day. Stay tuned for more information about future free dental clinics for veteran and military members.